Monday, April 15, 2013

We're back with Five Guys! (Burgers and Fries)

Hello everyone!

Sorry for our long hiatus! We have been very busy with our classes and research and haven't had time to write about our eating adventures!

We decided to take a quick break and talk about the new (well.. maybe not anymore..) restaurant in town - Five Guys!

We were super excited to have a Five Guys on campus since we know it's pretty popular in other states and once it was open, we just had to check it out with Yanfen's roommate Tina!


The Five Guys menu is pretty simple. There aren't a lot of choices, in fact there is basically only one: burger! However, there are quite a few different ways for you to personalize it.
Five Guys Menu
Yanfen decided to get a hamburger all the way and Tiffany got a cheese burger with jalapenos, lettuce and A1 sauce and Tina got cheeseburger with lettuce, pickles, tomatoes, grilled mushrooms, and A.1 steak sauce. We also got cajun fries to share!


Tiffany's Burger
Yanfen's Burger

Tina's Burger
Cajun Fries!

Final Review:

Environment: 7.5/10
 
The restaurant is bright lit and there is plenty of seating available. The only complaint we have is that the seating were too close together so there weren't too much privacy. The seats were also pretty hard and uninteresting.

While we were sitting, the manager (?) walked by and chatted with us which was both nice but also awkward...

The only reason that the environment rating is higher is due to the unlimited free peanuts! For those of you who are cheap, you can sneak some in to the movie theater near by for your movie (we didn't do that though).

This restaurant is definitely not recommended for a date or anything formal, but if you are hanging out with friends, it will suit you just fine!















Burgers Review: 

Yanfen - Taste 8/10   Price 9/10   Fullness 8/10

 I hope too many people won't be offended by this but... I really can't tell one burger apart from another. My burger was pretty good overall but I don't think it was out of the world amazing.

When it first came to me, I thought (and still think) it looks terrible. Since I got my burger all the way I guess I can't complain too much. The sauce was everywhere and I had a hard time holding it and biting into it. towards the end, I just attacked it with a fork.

However, I thought it tasted pretty good, definitely one of the better burgers I've had and considering the price, it was was well worth it!

I did love the fries though! I have a soft spot for cajun fries though it tastes the same as what you can get at other places.

Tiffany - Taste 9 /10   Price 8/10   Fullness 10 /10

I love 5 guys because you can get whatever toppings you want! It's pretty reasonable in price and to me it tastes better than meatheads. It's extremely juicy but be prepared to get grease all over yourself.

It's extremely filling because you can gorge yourself on peanuts and they give you a ridiculous amount of fries.











Tina - Taste 7/10   Price 7/10   Fullness 8/10


This was my first time having Five Guys! My first impression of the burger was that it was stuffed and chubby (this might be because of all the toppings I tried to cram into my burger). Though I now regret not adding in more toppings!

In terms of juiciness, my burger reminded me of a Steak and Shake burger, but it definitely had more toppings.

The Cajun fries don't seem to taste much different from others I've had before, but you can never go wrong with Cajun fries!

My final impression was that the burger does provide a satisfying meal. And the fries are a nice side!




Five Guys Burgers and Fries on Urbanspoon








Price Check

Yanfen: ~$9
Tiffany: ~$6.50
Tina: ~$6.50

Overall:
Tiffany: $156.17
Yanfen: $174.27

No comments:

Post a Comment