Thursday, August 23, 2012

Chipotle (15/114)

So today we went to Chipotle, a fast food joint that serves burritos tacos and other mexican fusion cuisine. Its righit next to noodle and company on green street just a block away from their rival; Qdoba. 


When you walk in, theres a huge area with an ordering counter at the back. The ordering system resembles a factory line, where one person works at each area to customize your food. First you pick out what shape the food is in, eg. tacos, burritos or salad. They then pass it to the next person who puts your choice of protein  rice and vegetables who passes it off to the toppings person. You can choose a variety of salsas as well as sour cream cheese and lettuce. 
Even the art gives it an industrial feel!
Tiff's steak bowl with corn salsa and lettuce
Yanfen's Chicken bowl with vegetables, corn salsa, mild salsa, and lettuce

Final review: 
Enviromental Review: 7/10



There's two seating areas one upstairs and one bottom. The only problem is that all the condiments and silverware is at the bottom seating area; I wish they had some at the top! Its pretty clean and has a very industrial feel.


This would be a good place for a lab group lunch, a quick bite with friends or introducing someone to Mexican food!



Chicken Bowl - Yanfen
Taste 7/10  Price 7/10  Fullness 5/10

Since I don't like tortillas, I always go for the burrito bowls at Chipotle. It really takes away the mexican-ese of the meal but I think it tastes pretty good. I added in all the veggies and "healthier" options to make my bowl more like a salad!

For a fast food restaurant, this is probably as healthy as you can get. It have tomatoes, corn, lettuce, rice, and chicken; pretty healthy if you ask me!

I love the Chipotle rice. It is mixed with cilantro, giving it a really ncie and differnet taste!

My only wish is that they had given me more food! The meal is enough to take away hunger but it won't stretch your pants!


Steak Bowl - Tiffany


Taste: 7/10, Price 7/10, Fullness 6/10
 
I like chipotle because everything taste fresh and they churn out food pretty quick. The rice has a hint of lime which I like, and the corn salsa is pretty good. The beef is so-so and it needs the salsa to balance out. They do not cut it very well however, and they tend to leave bits of fat on some pieces... The fullness usually varies for me, and this time it wasn't a lot; the rice person gave me very very little rice!







Chipotle Mexican Grill on Urbanspoon








 

 

Price Check

Tiffany: $7.83
Yanfen: $6.83

Overall:
Tiffany: $134.59
Yanfen: $147.86



No comments:

Post a Comment