Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Potbellies! (4/114)

For lunch today, we decided to let fate pick for us. We had our list of 186 restaurants on campus and used a random number generator to pick a number! We love this generator because it uses atmospheric noise to produce a true random number. The final verdict was.... Potbellies!


Tiffany described the restaurant as very "rustic" aka old-looking. It reminded us of Chipotle or Subway because you line up and follow a counter down to order your food.
 They have lots of different sandwiches to choose from along with salads. When you order, you can also pick either white or wheat bread. Tiffany went healthy and Yanfen went white. Yanfen got an Original Italian and Tiffany went for the Chicken Salad.

They make your sandwich and stick in this fancy rolly toaster thingy!


Tiffany didn't see the sign for toppings until it was too late and only got mayo on her sandwich. Yanfen caught it just in time and got mayo, lettuce, and tomato.
Yanfen also got the free peppers on the side!
Here is our food!

Tiffany's Chicken Salad
Yanfen's Italian

 They had a few booths in a corner which were enclosed and very secluded. It would be perfect for discussing super secret project results.


Final Review

Environment -10/10

This place would be perfect for any occasion. If you are on a date or with your lab group, sit in one of the secluded booths. It looked like they might have live music once in a while too!

 

 

 

 

Italian Sandwich - Yanfen

Taste: 9/10    Fullness: 7/10
The sandwich was so good! I love that the bread is nice and toasted and that the cheese is melted and gooey. I always get nervous when I have to pick my own toppings because I have no idea what goes with what. Next time, I will put more on it! The sandwich itself tasted like a peperoni roll which I love!

The free peppers were really nice too. You only get a tiny jar of it thought. It was a bit sour and not spicy at all. It was basically picked peppers!

I loved that the menu tells you how many calories there were in the meal. 680 calories is pretty high lunch but I'm not surprised that it was that high since the sandwich was so greasy!

Price: 8/10
The sandwich was less than $5 and I was decently full off it. That's a bargain in my book!

Chicken Salad - Tiffany 

Taste:  6/10 Fullness: 8/10

The sandwich wasn't bad, it was definitely better than subway. The bread was toasted, and tasted pretty good (not grainy or soggy). The sandwich wasn't very balanced, I noticed that parts of it was loaded with mayo, while other parts had really dry chicken. I also didn't realize they had a lot more toppings, so next time I'll definitely try that!

It was pretty greasy though for some reason, but not as bad as meatheads. I was pretty full after eating it, and I would definitely try it again.

Price: 7/10 One of our cheaper meals, but sandwiches should be cheap!



Potbelly's Sandwich Works on Urbanspoon  

Price Check

Potbellies:

Tiffany: 0 (Thanks Yanfen!)
Yanfen: $15.86

Overall:
Tiffany: $33.5
Yanfen: $56.06


1 comment:

  1. I have to say, this is pretty creative and i love the details within the review!

    ReplyDelete