Monday, August 13, 2012

Dairy Queen (10/114)

For lunch today we decided to head in a direction not often associate with campus food- university street! Since Yanfen had a coupon for a buy one get one blizzard, we went off towards Dairy Queen!

Many people (us included) often associate Dairy Queen with blizzards and ice cream, but they offer so much more! They also have a nice selection of burgers and chicken fingers.

Tifany just got some cavities fixed and needed something bite-sized so she got the Chicken Strip Basket.  Yanfen got the spicy Flamethrower with no cheese. Tiffany also got the French Silk Pie Milkshake and Yanfen got a Turtle Pecan Milkshake.




Tiffany's Chicken Strip Basket with Fries and toast.

Yanfen's Flamethrower
Our Milkshakes!

Final Review

 Environment - 8/10

The restaurant is pretty decent. There are plenty of sitting space, a mix of tables and booths. There are also a lot of windows, making the place bright and cheery.

We would recommend this place for a fast bite of food to eat while studying or to hang out with friends. While it would be ok for a date, it's not too classy!

 

 

Flamethrower and Turtle Pecan Milkshake - Yanfen

Taste 6/10  Price 7/10  Fullness 7/10

My burger was pretty good for a cheap fast food place. It was indeed pretty spicy but not too unbearable. Also, we can say no to bacon? (Besides Tiffany) While the burger tasted decent, it wasn't the pretties thing to look at.

I really liked the fries but I think they gave way less than could fit in my container. Not worth the price at all!

The milkshake was pretty good. However, all of the chocolate in it stuck to the side! I had to try very hard to pry it off and ended up with milkshake all over my shirt and hair!




Chicken Strip Basket and   Milkshake - Tiffany

Taste 5/10  Price 7/10  Fullness NA/10

So I ate this all an hour after getting my 3 fillings fix (I don't recommend this..) so I think this review is probably gonna be very skewed. Overall, it tasted pretty good, the chicken was easy to break into chunks and not overly dry. I dipped it with the honey mustard sauce which was average. The fries weren't my favorite, but then again I'm not a fan of fast food fries; they bordered on soggy. The blizzard was very chocolaty  and there was some cookie bits but I couldn't taste any flavor off them.

I won't rate the fullness because I gave up eating after I finished 1 chicken strip in the time it took Yanfen to finish her meal.










Dairy Queen on Urbanspoon









Price Check

Dairy Queen:

Tiffany: 0 (Thanks Yanfen!)
Yanfen: $17.95

Overall:
Tiffany: $91.74
Yanfen: $105.95 (WOW broke 100!)

2 comments:

  1. Hey @Lab Rats,

    I work for She Knows TV and we stumbled upon your Dairy Queen Chicken Fingers Basket blog. We are currently writing about fast food, and one of the items is about the Chicken Finger Basket. Would it be okay if we used your photo (if we linked back to your blog?)

    Looking forward to hearing back from you.

    Katie Owen
    klowen90@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Katie!

    No problem, just make sure to link back!

    - Tiffany and Yanfen

    ReplyDelete