Friday, August 10, 2012

Noodles & Company (9/114)


Yanfen had a coupon for a free meal at Noodles & Companyso we decided to eat there today!





Noodles & Company is a pretty popular place on Green street and has several different kinds of pasta. They have conviniently separated their menu into the different cultural inspirations: American, Asian, and Mediterranean.

























They also had a cool touch screen soda machine with a ton of different flavors! Yanfen tried a fanta strawberry which she had never seen before.

 In the end, Tiffany got the Pesto Cavatappi with Grilled Chicken and Yanfen got the Japanese Pan Noodles with Marinated Steak.
Pesto Cavatappi with Grilled Chicken
Japanese Pan Noodles with Marinated Steak

Final Review

Environment : 8/10

The restaurant is very open and bright. It has a nice airy feel to it combined with a more modernized setting. Most of the seating is at tables though there are a few spots which are half booth and half table. These kind of seating can spur fights with the right people!  There is also a more secluded area in the back for those who wish to eat in peace. This would be a good spot for meetings, friends, and dates alike!

Japanese Pan Noodles with Marinated Steak - Yanfen

 

Taste 7/10  Price (Got it for free)  Fullness 8/10
 
I really liked the Japanese Pan Noodles. The noodles were just right, not smooshy and not hard. The flavor is a lot like teriyaki but with a touch spice. It was topped with black sesame seeds, bean sprouts, and cilantro. I liked the sesame seeds and the cilantro, but was not a big fan of the bean sprouts. I can see the appeal of them since they do add a juicy crunch, but personally I don't like the flavor. I wish it had more steak in it! Compared to the amount of meat that Tiffany got, I barely got any!

Pesto Cavatappi with Grilled Chicken - Tiffany

Taste 3.14/10  Price 4/10  Fullness 8/10
Noodles & Co on Urbanspoon The food wasn't very special to me (then again they aren't supposed to specialize in Italian). There was a slab of cut up chicken that doesn't adsorb any pesto flavor. The pesto sauce itself, although extremely bright and colorful was kind of missing in the sea of noodles. It kinda just taste like olive oil with a tiny hint of pesto to be completely honest. There was also some sad cheese on top of the dish, that didn't really do anything for the taste and I wish it was grinded finer. It also had some mushrooms and tomatoes; I think it's a weird combination but the tomatoes did look very red and ripe (I don't like eating tomatoes..) and there was plenty of mushrooms. I think the highlight of the dish was the chicken, because it was pretty juicy (although not very pesto-y) The dish was also deceiving in size, it's pretty much flat, so although it looks like a lot, the portion is pretty small, enough to be satisfied for a meal but I don't think worth the cost compared to some other places we reviewed. Pesto is one of my favorite sauces so I'm pretty sad about my choice. I'm pretty sure I can make a better pesto - noodle dish, and I suck at cooking.







Price Check

Noodles & Co:

Tiffany: $8.58
Yanfen: $2.86 (Yay Coupon!)

Overall:
Tiffany: $91.74
Yanfen: $88.00

No comments:

Post a Comment